Rosa ‘Red Flower Carpet’
Pink-flowered Bonicas (R. ‘Noatraum’) are planted in mass around the fountain of the Bing wing of Green Library fronting Lasuen Mall. Red Flower Carpet roses were extensively planted at the entrance to Palm Drive at El Camino in July 2006. Roses (500 plants) were first planted on Stanford’s border with El Camino Real between San Francisquito Creek and Mayfield in 1931, after the state widened the road to four lanes.
In January, 2007, hybrid tea roses ‘Peace’, ‘Iceberg’, and ‘Just Joey’ were planted at 538 Capistrano Way opposite the Bechtel International Center.
Illustrations: Rose gallery.
About this Entry: John Rawlings authored the main text of this entry ca. 2007.